Monday, December 15, 2008

Mental Health Milestone


















She shoots, she scores! She's
gotten her ADD medicationa and it only took 3 months! What a success!

It's a frigid morning, yet something told me I needed to make this doctor appointment today. I knew that something good had to come out of a 15 minute appointment with my psych on this cold ass morning.

I was not going to fall victim to his prescribing 'whatever I have in the cabinet' any longer. The last round of Abilify put me into a tailspin of panic attacks. He actually apologized this morning for not refilling the Klonopin I so desperately needed to wean off the Abilify. Nasty nasty drug, this Abilify.

Today he asks me what I think I need Ritalin for. I said well, it improved my grades through school, gave me focus, concentration, and cut my impulsiveness markedly. I listed off another 10 reasons why I felt I needed it, and he wrote out the script. Maybe it was just time I grew a sac and insisted upon it.

Anyway, I'm back to the Ritalin, and I feel successful after three months work, averaging 5 appointments a month, time, energy, and wasted days on the wrong medication.

This is a mental health milestone for me! I'll let you know if it still works, it worked at 15, maybe it will work at 30. I'll keep ya posted!

Currently taking :

Effexor XR 150 mg - once daily
Ritalin 5mg - 1x morning, 1x lunchtime
Trazadone - 200mg - at bedtime
Lithium 200mg - 2x daily
Metoprolol 50mg - 2x daily

No comments: